libCEC 1.8.1 released
Another update of libCEC has just been released. You can download or upgrade your copy from packages.pulse-eight.net. This release fixes a couple of issues that were reported after the previous release:
- wake from S3 sometimes didn’t work when used with certain brands
- some buttons weren’t activated when switching to another source and switching back to XBMC later
- some devices didn’t switch to the correct source after powering them up
We’ve also added two new features to XBMC:
- XBMC will pause playback when you switch to another source, and resume playback when switching back. If you don’t like this behaviour, then you can disable this in system -> input devices -> peripherals -> CEC adapter -> pause playback when switching to another source
- XBMC’s screensaver will be woken up when making XBMC active, so you don’t switch to a black screen.
The last update is a firmware upgrade, which will make libCEC communicate more reliably with the adapter. The upgrade is optional, but all users are advised to upgrade.
- To update to new revision of the v2 firmware on Windows, please download and run firmware-v2-2-8-2012.exe
- On Ubuntu, you can download and run install-xbmc.sh . Then open a terminal window, and type “sudo cec-firmware-upgrade”
Filed under: CEC Adaptor, libCEC, XBMC PVR | 10 Comments